Baked Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
16oz Packaged Elbow Macaroni
2 Large Eggs
3 Tbs Margarine or Butter
12oz Canned Evaporated Milk
4-1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8oz Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese
8oz Monetary Jack Cheese With Jalapeno Peppers
1-1/2 Tbs Salt
1-1/2 Tbs Sugar
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1. First things first….place a big pot of water over high heat and wait for the water to come to a boil before.
2. My grandmom always taught me to multi-task while cooking and not to wait until one step is complete before moving onto the next…. so while your water is preheating, you’re going to kill two birds with 1 stone as I always say and get a small bowl. To that bowl you’re going to add your eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and pepper. Whisk everything in together for about 45 seconds or until everything is well blended.
3. You’re then going to move onto the next step, which is cutting up your blocks of cheese. Cut them up into small pieces so that you can spread lots of cheese all throughout the macaroni.
4. Those 2 previous steps probably took you about 10 minutes so your water has likely come to a boil. So add your macaroni and stir in well.
5. You’re only going to boil the macaroni for about 8 minutes. The last thing we want is bloated soggy overcooked macaroni. Remember, we’re going to be cooking the macaroni further in the oven so dont worry about them not being tender enough. After 8 minutes drain the water.
6. This is the most important part of this recipe and here is where we saturate the macaroni in cheese as I explained earlier for a more cheesy baked macaroni. Place the same pot over LOW to MEDIUM heat this time.
7. Add your macaroni back to the pot, then stir in 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir the macaroni and cheese until the cheese is fully melted, then cut fire the fireoff.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Add the macaroni and cheese to a baking dish.
10. Stir in your butter.
11. Next, you’re going to stir in your milk seasoning mixture and your chopped blocks of cheese.
12. Flatten the top out so that it is even, then top your macaroni and cheese with an additional 1/2 cup of shredded cheese this is so that our macaroni and cheese gets a cheese crust layer on top…. I love cheese crust… that’s what I call it.
13. Place your macaroni and cheese in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. And there you have it… delicious soul food baked macaroni and cheese. Guys you’re going to love this macaroni and cheese so much…. Enjoy!
Follow Me On Social Media