Chinese Cabbage Rolls
Welcome to Xiao’s Kitchen – A cooking channel dedicated to creating some of the world’s best Asian dishes
10 Cabbage Leaves
50g Enoki Mushrooms
50g Bean Sprouts
1½ Tsp Soy Sauce
½ Tsp Sugar
½ Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Chicken Powder or Vegetable Stock
Salt to Taste
1. Slice the carrots into thin threads. Cut the enoki mushrooms in half.
2. Boil 2 litres of water in a saucepan. Add cabbage and blanch for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from pan and place under cold running water.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp oil on high heat in a wok. Add carrots and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add enoki mushrooms and bean sprouts, stir fry for a few seconds.
6. Add salt, sugar, pepper, Tbsp chicken powder and 1 Tsp soy sauce.
7. Stir fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are soft, transfer onto a dish.
8. Cut & remove the thick stem at the base of each cabbage leaf.
9. Place the cabbage on a flat working surface, place the vegetable mix in the middle of each leaf.
10.Then roll it like a spring roll and place rolls on a shallow dish.
11.Place rolls into the steamer with 1 litre of water, cover and steam on high heat for 5 minutes.
12.When steamed, remove and place on dish.
13.Add 170ml of water in the wok and stir in the cornflour.
14.Add soy sauce and stir for a few seconds.
15.Add chicken powder and cook for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
16.Pour sauce over rolls and serve.
If you would like my latest recipes, you can subscribe, its free, and you’ll be kept up-to-date with all my Asian dishes.
This video was produced by: Harris Video Productions
Music: Melody Loops
Thank you for watching
For more of my Asian recipes please click below:
Recommended Vegetarian Asian & Chinese Cooking:
Cabbage & Tree Fungus – Chinese Style
Chinese Cabbage Rolls
Chinese Chilli Fries
Chinese Egg Omelette
Crispy Courgette & Potato – Chinese Style
Leek Omelette – Chinese Style
Potato & Onion Pancakes – Chinese Style
Mu Xu Egg – Chinese Style
Pak Choi & Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce – Chinese Style
Potato & Onion Rings – Chinese Style
Pumpkin Stew – Chinese Style
Red Cabbage & Bean Curd Salad – Chinese Style
Roast Mixed Vegetables
Sautéed Potatoes – Chinese Style
Singapore Fried Noodles
Stir Fry Green Pepper & Egg – Chinese Style
Stir Fry Noodles & Mixed Vegetables – Chinese Style
Stir Fry Potato & Carrot – Chinese Style
Stir Fry Spicy Courgette – Chinese Style
Stir Fry Tofu & Vegetables – Chinese Style
Xiao’s Roast Potatoes