Learn how to make Veg Momos, a very simple and delectable recipe by chef Kanak. This is a special snacks recipe that can be served for your guests during tea time. Momos are a type of dumplings that are stuffed with vegetables inside and then they are steamed.
This dish is native to Tibet and over the years it has become very popular as a snack in Nepal and India.
2 tsp ginger garlic – crushed
1/2 cup spring onions – chopped (whites & greens separate)
salt to taste
pepper to season
2 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
– In bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt and oil and mix well.
– Add water (little at a time) to knead the dough.
– Keep kneading until you get a semi stiff dough, cover it with a damp cloth and keep it aside.
– Heat oil in a wok.
– Add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a few seconds.
– Add the spring onions white and stir for a minute.
– Add the vegetables – cabbage, carrots and the capsicum and stir fry for a few seconds.
– Add salt, sugar, pepper, soy sauce and vinegar and fry for a minute. Add the spring onions green and saute for few seconds.
– Turn off the flame and let the veggies cool down.
– Take a small portion of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a small disc.
– While rolling, make sure that it is slightly thinner at the edges and thick at the centre.
– Place the stuffing at the centre and wet the edges with water.
– Fold the edges towards the centre similar to the method of making modak.
– Boil enough water in a large container and place a strainer over it and also brush it slightly with oil. Place the momos on it and close the lid.
– Let them steam for about 10 – 12 minutes.
– The delectable, mouth watering veg momos are ready to be served.
Stay connected with us on the following to receive more updates-