Kick up the flavor of your steamed vegetables with this vegan herbed butter sauce! Watch the video and see how I steam my veggies without a steamer.
Steamed Vegetables with an Herbed Butter Sauce:
1 bunch or 3 crowns broccoli, cut into florets
1 large carrot, julienned or thinly sliced or half of a 10oz bag of matchstick carrots
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup vegan margarine or olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Pour salt, oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and crushed red pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Melt margarine or heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Once it’s simmering, add the spices and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
4. Stir in lemon juice.
5. Remove from the heat.
Option 1 – If you don’t have a steamer basket
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a skillet on medium-high until boiling.
2. Add the vegetables, stir them once and steam them for 5 minutes.
3. Drain vegetables in a colander, transfer them to a large bowl and pour the sauce over them.
4. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Option 2 – If you have a steamer basket
1. Steam the vegetables until crisp tender in a steamer basket.
2. Transfer them to a large bowl and pour the sauce over them.
3. Toss to coat thoroughly.
Get the latest videos from Vegan Cooking with Love! http://goo.gl/hPwGqz
STAY IN TOUCH
Website | http://vegancookingwithlove.com
Facebook | http://facebook.com/vegancookingwithlove
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+VeganCookingWithLove/
Instagram | vegancookingwithlove
Pinterest | http://pinterest.com/vegancookingwl/
Twitter | http://twitter.com/vegancookingwl
COURSE COUPON CODE
“How to Make Cooking Videos: The Basics”
Get 50% off with coupon code: YOUROCK