Sai Bhaji is a traditional Sindhi recipe. This dish is a powerhouse of nutrients as it is a combination of green leafy vegetables and dal. It is best served hot with rotis or pulav. Check out Ruchi Bharani’s take on this popular Sindhi dish.
Indian sorrel, chopped
Spinach Leaves, chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp Asefoetida
2 medium size onions, chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
Bottel gourd, chopped
1 bowl of soaked Gram Dal
1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander-cumin seed powder
Oil for cooking
– Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
– Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, onions, ginger and garlic and saute the ingredients for a couple of minutes.
– Cook the onion for about 2 minutes but make sure that they do not turn brown.
– Add the bottle gourd (soaked in water), aubergines and potatoes and cook them for a couple of minutes.
– Add the tomatoes and mix well.
– Add the gram dal (chana dal), green chillies, khatta bhaji and the spinach leaves and stir well.
– Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander and cumin seed powder and mix well.
– Add water and cover the pressure cooker with a lid. Let it cook until 1 whistle on high flame and then for 10 minutes on low flame.
– Once done, turn off the flame and let the pressure cooker cool down for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
– Once you open the lid, slightly mash the bhaji with a masher.
– Sai bhaji is ready to be served.
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Narayan Thakur
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/9dxhQD
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/ui3fu6
Share on g+ – http://goo.gl/ui3fu6