Learn how to make Steamed Modak or Ukdiche Modak at home with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar only on Rajshri Food.
Steamed Modak or most commonly known as Ukdiche Modak are special sweet dumplings which are offered to Lord Ganesha. So on this special and auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, make his favourite sweet at home with three different fillings along with The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar only on Rajshri Food.
3 cups rice flour
3 cups water
1/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp extra water for kneading
1 tbsp extra ghee for working on the dough
1 tbsp ghee
3 cups Grated fresh coconut
1.5 cups grated jaggery
1 tsp elaichi powder
Few strands of saffron (optional)
Banana leaf for steaming and serving
Gulkhand coconut khoya
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup grated khoya
1/2 cup gulkhand ( rose petal jam)
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/4 tsp cardamon powder
– In a saucepan add water, salt and ghee and let the water start bubbling.
– Add rice flour in it and lower the flame, make sure you mix it properly and there are no lumps.
– Turn off the flame and cover it for 3-5 minutes.
– In a pan add ghee, grated coconut, jaggery and turn on the flame.
– Mix the ingredients properly and add cardamom powder and saffron strands.
– When the mixture dries down, turn off the flame and let it cook down to room temperature.
– Take the dough in another bowl and knead it into a soft dough add water and ghee.
– Cover the dough with a damp cloth.
– Take little ball of dough to start making the modak.
– Apply some water to your fingers while making the modak.
– Scoop in some filling into the modak
– Squeeze the sides and bring the ends together and close it by pressing the top.
– Heat some water into a saucepan, place a sieve and then place turmeric leaves over it
– Now place the modaks over the leaves and cover it with a lid.
– Let the modak steam.
For Gulkand Filling
– In a bowl add grated coconut, gulkhand and grated khoya and mix it well. The filling is ready.
For Coconut Chocolate Filling
– In a bowl add grated coconut and dark chocolate and mix it properly. The filling is ready.
– Steamed modak are ready to be served.
Host : Varun Inamdar
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Pratik Gamre
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook –
Tweet about it –
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood