Mac n Cheese (Traditional) Recipe – BenjiManTV
Subscribe 4 Food- http://www.youtube.com/benjimantv
Follow my Instagram- http://www.instagram.com/BenjiManFOOD
Mac n Cheese (Traditional) Recipe
1 Package of Macaroni (any shell pasta)
5 Tbsp Flour
5 Tbsp Butter
4 Cups of Milk
Salt n Pepper (i use white pepper)
2 Egg Yolks
4-5 Cups Shredded Cheese (depending on cheese you can gauge how much is needed)
1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
2 tbsp Butter
Macaroni and Cheese Directions
– have bacon cooked and chopped before hand
– have your water bowling for your pasta in another pot and start cooking half way during the cheese sauce steps
– Oven to 500 degrees ferenheit
1. Start melting your butter in a small pot. Melt and let it heat up till it is bubbling.
2. As your butter is bubbling (but not burning) add all your flour, stir immediately and consistently stir from this point on
3. Once the flour and butter are incorporated and created a paste (rue) slowly add milk. First pour of milk is very little. Heat should be on medium at this point but remove pot from heat when adding milk to help with scorching.
4. Slowly add all the milk little by little until the rue and milk are mixed smoothly together.
5. Add some of the white sauce to a small bowl with the egg yolks, Once you mix these together on the side, go ahead and return it to the pot of sauce. At this point you can turn off the heat.
6. Go ahead and remove the pot from the stove and slowly add the cheese. Little by little and constantly stirring.
7. You should have started cooking your paste by now but if you haven’t you can start and put the pasta to the side.
8. Once pasta is done, drain well (no moisture is wanted) and put it into a large bowl.
9. Incorporate the cheese sauce and bacon with the pasta and stir with a spatula gently.
10. Pour the mac n cheese into a baking dish.
11. Mix the panko bread crumbs and butter together in a bowl.
12. Liberally spread the buttered panko over the mac n cheese in the baking dish.
13. Two Options for Browning
– Place the whole dish into a 500 degree oven for 10-15 minutes till golden brown
– 2nd option, place under a broiler for 5 Minutes (make sure to watch the oven the whole time).
CONNECT WITH ME
Watch Our Other Channels
DAILY VLOG- https://www.youtube.com/user/itsJudysLife
Business Inquiries: email@example.com
I love food, life, and everything about people!!! Travel, cooking, and especially eating are my favorite things to do other than hanging out with my woman ItsJudyTime. If you love food make sure to SUBSCRIBE for more videos on fun food stuff and cooking recipes.
*all amazon links are affiliates