The Most Amazing Lasagna Recipe is the best recipe for homemade Italian-style lasagna. The balance between layers of cheese, noodles, and homemade bolognese sauce is perfection!
________________________________________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ _______________________________________
The Most Amazing Lasagna Recipe
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large white onion, minced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 ounce can) crushed tomatoes
2 (6 ounce can) tomato paste
1 (15 oz can) tomato sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (divided)
1 pound lasagna noodles
30 ounces ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pound deli sliced mozzarella cheese
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add in ground sausage and ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat into small pieces. Add in onion and garlic and cook until meat is well browned, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar, fresh basil, fennel, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Pour in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, place lasagna noodles into the bottom of a pan. Pour hot tap water directly over the noodles, making sure the pasta is completely immersed in the water. Let them soak for 30 minutes, then drain and discard water.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg. Refrigerate until ready to assemble lasagna.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a deep 9×13 pan.
5. To assemble, spread about 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place 4 noodles on top. Spread with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with 1/4 of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Repeat layering two more times to create three complete layers. To finish, place a final layer of pasta, topped with another 1 cup of meat sauce to cover the pasta. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes to allow cheese to brown. Serve hot.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: http://thestayathomechef.com/amazing-lasagna-recipe/
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carefree by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/…)