Watch & learn how to make Tandalachi Pej & Bangda Kishmor from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani Karwar Special.
Tandalachi Pej is a healthy rice porridge where rice grains are cooked in water with some salt. Bangda Kishmor (Indian Mackerel) is a fish recipe where the fish is dry roasted and cooked in onions and spices. These are popular breakfast items eaten in Karwar.
1 Cup Rice Grains
6 Cups Water
Salt to taste
For Bangda Kishmor:
2 Bangda (Indian Mackerel)
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
3 Green Chillies
4 tbsp Grated Fresh Coconut
Salt to taste
To Make Tandalachi Pej:
– In a pan add water and rice grains.
– Add little salt and let the rice grains cook properly.
– Once the rice is cooked Pej is ready.
To Make Kishmor:
– Dry roast the bangda properly on both sides.
– Keep it aside to cool down.
– Clean the bangda fish as shown in the video. Discard the entrails and keep the flesh aside for use.
– In a pan heat some oil. Add turmeric powder, green chillies and onions. Saute everything well.
– Then add the cleaned fish pieces.
– Add grated coconut, kokum, coriander leaves and salt. Mix everything well.
– Let it cook for few minutes.
– Bangda Kishmor is ready.
Director: Narayan Thakur
Assistant Director: Rohtki Arora
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Pratik Gamare
Editing: Ravi Varma
Production Co-ordinator: Sachin Ajagaonkar
Chef’s Assistant: Aparna Raje
Logo Design: Vinita Kalambe
VFX: Kushal Bhujbal
Youtube Channel Manager: Anagha Dikay
Social Media: Ankita Mahadik
Special Thanks: Baadkar Family
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=ruchkarmejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts