Shepherd’s Pie Recipe: http://goo.gl/94l3f3
Follow Me On Social Media
2 Lbs Ground Beef
6-7 Medium Russet Potatoes
1 Small Onion, Chopped
1 To 1-1/2 Cups Frozen Peas & Carrots
4 Tbs Margarine Or Butter
3 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1/4 Cup Graded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese
3-4 Tbs Ketchup
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Beef Flavor Bouillon Cube
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tsps Salt
2 Tsps Black Pepper
1-1/2 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Thyme
1/2 Tsp Parsley Flakes
1. Place a pan over high heat and add ground beef.
2. Chop up onion and add to pan once ground beef browns.
3. Add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, bouillon cube, minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika and thyme.
Stir in well.
4. Combine water and flour. Stir until flour dissolves.
5. Then add slurry to pan of ground beef.
6. Reduce heat to medium heat and allow meat to simmer until juice turns into a thick gravy.
7. Once gravy thickens, remove meat and gravy from pan and place in a baking pan.
8. Add the peas and carrots to the meat and stir in until well blended.
9. Peal the potatoes.
10. Slice and dice them into small even size shapes.
11. Place a pot of water over high heat. Once water comes to a boil add potatoes, cook for 20 minutes, then drain water.
12. Place the potatoes back in the pot and place pot over high heat. Mash potatoes and make sure potatoes are on the dry side before adding the ingredients. Then add your milk, cream cheese, margarine or butter and stir in well. Then add the graded parmesan cheese, egg yolk, sugar, the remaining salt and pepper then stir in again.
13. Place the potatoes over the ground beef and vegetables.
14. Smooth potatoes out with a fork.
15. For decoration purposes, garnish with 1/2 tsp paprika and parsley flakes.
16. Bake on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.