This is a typical basic Japanese potato salad which everyone likes 💖It is usually made with mashed potatoes and colorful vegetables.
Neatly preparing each ingredient is the key to make delicious potato salad. Take time and enjoy!!!
Japanese Potato Salad
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.5oz.) potato
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) cucumber
2 slices of cooked ham
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned)
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp. vinegar (rice or grain)
salt and pepper
1. Slice the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and leave for 2~3 minutes until limp. Wash and drain well. Use a paper towel to squeeze out any excess water. *This removes the bitter taste and strong smell of the onion.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds (you can use a vegetable slicer if you have). Sprinkle with a bit of salt. When they become limp, drain well and gently squeeze with a paper towel. *Removing excess water from the cucumber will keep the salad from becoming wet.
3. Cut sliced ham into 1/2 inch (1cm) square pieces. Slice the potato into 1/2 inch (1cm) half rounds. Place the potato slices in a pot, lightly wash (to remove extra starch), add water until covered, add 1/2 tsp. of salt, and put on high heat. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes. 4. Check the potatoes with a skewer. When they are done, drain well, transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork while they are still hot. Season with 1/2 tbsp. of vinegar, salt and pepper. *The seasonings will make the potato tasty.
5. Slice the carrot into 0.1 inch (3mm) quarter rounds. Boil for 3 minutes and drain well.
6. When the potatoes and carrots are cool enough, combine all the ingredients in one bowl and season with 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
♪ Tell Me Why by Sayulee
Follow me on social media. If you have recreated any of my food, you can share some pictures #ochikeron. I am always happy to see them.
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies… those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥