♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
Omurice is a very popular home cooked meal in Japan. It is a chicken fried rice wrapped with a thin sheet of crepe-like fried egg.
Many people, especially kids and guys like it 😉 Perfect dish for bento box, too!
Omurice (Japanese Omelet Rice)
Number of servings: 4
600g (1.3lb.) warm cooked rice
200g (7oz.) chicken breast without skin
200g (7oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) canned sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
cooked broccoli *if you like
1. Dice the chicken and chop the onion.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of cooking oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion until tender. Add the diced chicken and cook until no longer pink. Then add sliced mushrooms and 8 tbsp. of ketchup.
3. Add warm cooked rice, when they are evenly coated with ketchup, season with salt and pepper, then divide it into 4 portions. *you can wrap the leftover rice with plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for about a week or more.
4. Beat 2 eggs (1 serving) in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
5. In a clean frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp. of cooking oil, spread the egg mixture and make a round omelette. Before the egg is fully cooked, place the seasoned rice in the middle. Fold both both sides of the egg, then shape it using the edge of the pan. Carefully flip it over onto a plate. *You can use a paper towel to shape it nicely.
6. Put some ketchup on top, and serve with cooked broccoli if you like.
Shot Down (Instrumental Version)
FYI (products I used in my videos):
♥Visit my Blog to know more about ME♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥