♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
This recipe is for those who cannot get curry roux (curry sauce mix) but want to make Japanese Karē Raisu (Curry Rice) at home.
Also it is way healthier than using the roux since I didn’t use any greasy fat ingredient!!!
Vegetarian people can skip the meat 😉
Japanese Curry Rice From Scratch
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.6oz.) lean pork
* salt and pepper
* 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
2 potatoes (300g=10.6oz.)
1/2 carrot (150g=5.3oz.)
1 onion (200g=7oz.)
consomme cube (or bouillon cube) to make 600ml soup
* 1 clove chopped garlic
* 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
* 50ml red wine (you have no choice but skip it if you can’t consume it)
* 1 tbsp. curry powder
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 tbsp. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 potato (150g=5.3oz.)
salt and pepper
1. Cut pork into bite-size pieces, then season with A.
2. Cut 2 (300g=10.6oz.) potato and carrot into bite-size pieces. Cut onion into wedges.
3. Place water and consomme cube (crushed) in a pot. Put on the heat, when the consomme cube has dissolved, add B and mix well. Then add the vegetables (2.) and bring to a boil.
4. Add the pork, remove the foam if necessary, add C, then cover and cook on medium for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grate 1 (150g=5.3oz.) potato.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Then add the grated potato (5.) and cook until the soup thickens.
7. Serve the curry on a hot bed of rice.
Other Curry Rice Ideas:
Basic Curry Rice
Vegetarian Curry Rice
Quick Edamame Keema Curry
Easy 10 Minutes Curry and Rice
Evolution (Instrumental Version)
FYI (products I used in my videos):
♥Visit my Blog to know more about ME♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥