(HD) RECIPE: Japanese Soft Boiled Egg 溏心蛋
40g Bonito & Kelp Sauce ( 3x concentrated soup stock )
60g Water ( for marinate )
1) Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
2) Carefully lower eggs into water with a wire mesh spider or slotted spoon.
3) Set the timer and cook for exactly 6 minutes.
4) Prepare an ice water bath.
5) After the timer goes off, remove eggs with a spoon and immediately transfer them into the ice water bath. Leave the eggs in the ice water bath for at least 5 minutes. ( I would say 5 – 10 minutes )
6) Pour 40g of Bonito and Kelp Sauce in a tupperware / ziploc. Add 60g of water to it.
7) When the eggs are cool to touch ( 5-10 mins ), peel them. You could peel the eggs under cold running water as the whites will be quite delicate.
8) Put the eggs in the marinate sauce. Cover with a lid.
9) Keep refrigerated overnight. ( preferably 24 hours )
** Serve with a bowl of ramen / Japanese Beef Rice Bowl / Salad.
** The longer you keep the eggs in the marinate, the better the taste. These will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge =)
Free Audio Music : http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/