Learn How To Make Ilish Paturi Recipe At Home, from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried. Make this Hilsa Paturi Recipe i.e. Bengali Bhapa Ilish or Steamed Hilsa Recipe at your home this cricket season, dedicated to Kolkata Knight Riders of the Indian Premiere League and share your experience with us in the comments below.
6 Slices Hilsa/ 6 large prawns (cleaned)
3 Banana Leaves
3 Green Chillies
For the Paste:-
⅛ cup Black Mustard, soaked in warm water
⅛ cup Yellow Mustard, soaked in warm water
⅛ cup Poppy Seeds, soaked in warm water
1 tbsp. Melon Seeds
⅛ cup Coconut, grated
2 tbsp. Mustard Oil
2 Green Chillies
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp. Mustard Oil for frying
– Grind all the paste ingredients together in a mixer/grinder to a smooth paste and add the mustard soaked water to it. Churn one last time.
– Marinate the Hilsa fish with this paste, turmeric powder and mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
– Cut the banana leaves and toast them lightly on the open flame OR microwave for 30 seconds.
– Place the marinated fish on the toasted banana leaf followed by a dollop of the mustard paste and slit green chilli. Roll into a packet as shown in the video.
– Heat a pan on high flame and add mustard oil to it. Place the packets in the pan once the oil heats.
– Flip after 3 minutes and cook on both the sides.
– Serve with rice.
Hilsa Paturi is ready to eat!
Host: Varun Inamdar
Director: Prajish Prabhakaran
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Pratik Gamre, Akshay Sawant, Spandan Rout
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Subscribe and Get Regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Download the Get Curried App by clicking on this link:- http://bit.ly/GetCurriedVegNonVegRecipes_And