To Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=djsbrewtube
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJsBrewTube/400128746681213
Twitter Link: http://twitter.com/djsbrewtube
Its time for DJs BrewTube to share another SNEAKY drink for you to enjoy with your friends and family. I think you will find that this one particularly useful. We all like and especially our female friends like to have a bit of a cream based libation now and again. The only problem with commercially available drinks line Baileys or prepared alcoholic Eggnog is that for the price they lack a bit in the flavor department, not to mention alcohol strength. Fear not my friends, DJs BrewTube has the answer, Coquito Puerto Rican Style Caribbean Eggnog. But DJ, I don’t know how to make Coquito you say. Well watch this video and learn. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video and the drink. RECIPE follows.
How To Make Coquito Puerto Rican Stye Caribbean Eggnog:
*NOTE: There are many variations of Coquito and they are as unique as the families that make them. However, all are tied together by the central theme of coconut, condensed milk, cinnamon and rum.
• 1 15-ounce cans cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
• 1 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
• 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
• 1 Can of coconut milk
• 4 Pasteurized Egg Yolks (optional)
• 8 – 16 ounces Dark or Spiced rum (use less if you like)
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (to taste) & Extra to garnish
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon of allspice
• 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon coconut (or vanilla) extract
• Pinch of salt (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender. (((Mix spices and vanilla with egg yolks in blender first when beating the eggs))).
1. Put the cans of coconut milk and coco Lopez into a pot of hot water to reintegrate the ingredients in the cans. Separation is caused by low temps. and time.
2. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Bottle & Give as a gift. Serve cold.
Serves: This recipe makes about 36 ounces.
3. I have found that this and all homemade Bailey’s or Coquito recipes taste best if you can make them a day or two in advance. This gives the flavors time to integrate and makes for a tastier drink.
4. Shake bottle before serving.
5. Store in any unused portion in a refrigerator. If any is left. ☺
RAW EGGS Note: If raw eggs are a concern, use this alternate method: whisk the egg yolks and evaporated milk in a small metal bowl fitted over a small pot of water. Bring the water to a simmer. Stir the mixture until it thickens enough to coat the spoon and the temperature is 160°F. Pour the mixture into a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until frothy. Pour into a glass pitcher and refrigerate until well-chilled. Serve with a pinch of cinnamon.
*** There are also commercially available Safest Choice brand Pasteurized eggs. If you check their website they have a list of where their product is available in your area.
****Warning: This is a strong SNEAKY drink. Enjoy responsibly.
NOTE: Bumper Music Island Medium & Long by Apple, iMovie, Stock Sound / Music Samples included with iMovie purchase and used widely in TV and other mediums royalty free.
ILife . Imovie License: Follow this link to get the Apple pdf documenting usage of audio from Apple Software. (It is section 2C.)
Thanks For Watching.
Please Rate, Comment and Subscribe!!!!