Here we go for the last time of this #season in #cookery #course by #Gordon #Ramsay.
1. How to #bake / #make #raspberry #By #Gordon #Ramsay?
Desserts should always have that wow factor, and this dish is incredibly simple to
prepare, yet looks and tastes absolutely stunning. By lightly dusting the top of the
pastry with icing sugar it caramelises the top and allows all the layers to separate
into the ‘thousand leaves’ that give the dessert its name.
320–375g ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
3 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra to dust
Seeds from 2 vanilla pods
600ml double cream
Zest of 1 orange
½ tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur, e.g. Grand Marnier
200g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
2. Unroll the pastry and place on a non-stick baking tray. Dust generously with icing sugar
and bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200°C/Gas
6 and cook for a further 7–12 minutes until the pastry is golden and glazed. Remove and
leave to cool slightly on a wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, mix the vanilla seeds into the cream. Add the 3 tablespoons of sugar and
whip the mixture until it forms soft peaks. (Don’t overbeat or it will separate.) Add the
orange zest and liqueur and fold in using a spatula.
4. Spoon the cream into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle, twisting slowly to move
the cream to the pointed end. Chill until ready to use.
5. When the pastry has cooled, slice it very gently into 3 equal-sized lengths with a bread
6. Assemble the millefeuille just before serving. Take the piping bag from the fridge, add a
dot of cream to the serving plate to act as ‘glue’ and put a piece of pastry on top. Pipe a
layer of cream over the pastry and add a border of raspberries around the outer edges. Pipe
another layer of cream inside the raspberry border, then top with another layer of pastry
and repeat the cream and raspberry stages. Finish with a top layer of pastry. Serve
immediately, dusted with more icing sugar.
HOW TO VARY THE MILLEFEUILLE FILLING
You can vary the filling of the millefeuille as much as you like. Use crème fraîche,
mascarpone, strawberries, lime… whatever takes your fancy..
thanks for watching
#almost #anything #team 2018