An American favorite since the early 1800’s…MACARONI AND CHEESE, also know as MAC & CHEESE or CHEESE MACARONI. Made with fleshly grated Pepper Jack and Sharp Cheddar Cheeses give a hint of heat to this deliciously creamy MAC & CHEESE dish. OUR FAMILY FAVORITE FOR DECADES!! Click on “SHOW MORE” before for recipe…
SPICY MACARONI AND CHEESE
Lightly butter a 2-quart or 9″ by13″ baking pan. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
1 cup half and half
1 cup whole milk
1 (8 oz) package Sharp Cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
1 (8 oz) package Pepper Jack cheese, freshly shredded
2 cup Elbow Macaroni, uncooked
1/2 cup buttery crackers, crunched
1. Cook Elbow Macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.
2. In large skillet, over medium-hight heat, melt butter or margarine. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute to remove raw flour flavor.
3. Slowly whisk in milk and half and half. Reduce to heat-medium. Continue to whisk until thickened and bubbly.
4. Gradually add cheeses into bubbly milk mixture. Stir until all cheeses are melted and smooth. Add cooked macaroni, a little at a time, stir until well coated with cheese sauce. Pour into prepare baking dish.
5. Add crunched buttery crackers to top of macaroni and cheese.
6. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes of until bubbly around edges.
Serve immediately or let set in off oven with door open up to 20-30 minutes before serving.