Learn how to make Poha, an easy flattened rice recipe for breakfast at home.
Poha is a very popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe which is quick and very easy to make. Made from flattened rice, it is a nutritious snack which can be eaten as breakfast or brunch.
1 cup poha (flattened rice)
1 potato chopped
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup green peas
2 tablespoons oil
1-2 tablespoons roasted/fried groundnuts
1 and 1/2 green chillies chopped
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
salt to taste
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
sev (crunchy indian noodles)
2 tablespoons milk
– Add the poha to a sieve. Remove the excess powder and small granules. Thoroughly wash them with water.
– Remove the washed poha in a flat plate. Add water and soak them well for half an hour.
– After the poha get soaked well, heat the pan and add 2 tbsp. oil. Add mustard seeds. Once they splatter, add the curry leaves, green chillies and potatoes. Stir them well.
– Add the onions, stir well and cover the pan.
– After a minute, open the lid and add little water. Cover the pan again.
– After a minute, add green peas and cover.
– While the potatoes are simmering, add turmeric, sugar (optional) and salt to the soaked poha and mix them well.
– After the potatoes are nicely cooked, add in the coriander leaves. Add the poha and mix well. Squeeze in the lemon juice taken out of about half a lemon.
– Just before serving or while re-heating the poha, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk and let the poha simmer. Mix the poha well and cover the pan.
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rajshrifood
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/P41mSq
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/0sELJl
Also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood