Watch and learn how to make soft and crunchy savoury Appe / Unni Appam in Marathi from our chef Smita Deo on Ruchkar Mejwani.
Appe is a quick and easy South Indian breakfast recipe where the batter is fermented overnight. Then it is flavoured with onion and green chillies, filled in appe moulds and cooked till crispy golden brown colour. The appe are relished with chutney and filter coffee.
1 & 1/2 Cup Rice, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
1/2 Cup Urad Dal, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
Salt to taste
1 Onion, chopped
2 Green chillies
– In a mixer grinder add the soaked rice and urad dal. Add little water and grind everything to a smooth batter.
– Ferment this batter for 7-8 hours.
– Once the batter is fermented add salt, chopped onions and green chillies to it. Mix well.
– Heat the appe mould. Apply little oil to the mould.
– Fill the spoonful of batter in each mould. Cover it with a lid and let the appe cook for 4 minutes on one side.
– Flip over the appe and again cover it. Let it cook on the other side as well.
– Appe are ready to be served with coconut chutney.
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=ruchkarmejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts