Learn how to make Shahi Tukda – Double Ka Meetha – Indian Bread Pudding – Indian Sweet Dessert Recipe By Ruchi Bharani
Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding dessert which is prepared by using bread, condensed milk, dry fruits and spices including saffron and cardamom. It has its roots in Pakistani cuisine and it is also a very famous dessert in Mughlai cuisine. Shahi Tukda is mostly prepared during the festive month of Ramadan and on Eid. This dish is very similar to double ka meetha which is popular in Hyderabad cuisine. Learn how to make this simple, easy and quick to make homemade recipe.
1 and 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water
1/2 ltr. milk
– Prepare the sugar syrup by boiling 1 cup of sugar into an equal quantity of water and keep stirring until the sugar crystals melt.
– Once the sugar crystals melt, cook it on a medium flame and add a few strands of saffron to it.
– Cut the bread slices into any shape of your choice (eg. Triangle, Square, Round, etc) and apply little ghee on both the sides of the bread slices or toast the slices using a toaster.
– Toast the slices in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree for 5-7 minutes until they are crispy and flip them over in the middle.
– Boil the sugar syrup for 5-7 minutes once the sugar is completely melted and then cool it down.
– Boil 1/2 ltr. of milk and keep stirring it until it is reduced to half its quantity to make the rabdi.
– Once the milk is reduced to half of its quantity, add 1/2 cup of sugar, reduce the flame and then add some cardamom powder to it and the rabdi is ready.
– Soak the toasted bread slices into the sugar syrup for 4-5 minutes.
– Place the bread slices on a dish and pour the rabdi on them.
– Garnish it with cashewnut pieces, raisins, chopped almonds and chopped pistachio pieces.
– The Shahi Tukda is ready to be served.
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/4tzijE
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/FIuhPN
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rajshrifood
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood