When the thought of dessert leads to pangs of guilt, there is no need to skip it. This super easy Fruit and Yogurt Parfait recipe will save the day. With delicious layers of lightly sweetened Greek yogurt and your choice of fruits and nuts, you can confidently “have your parfait and eat it too”.
Ingredients: (makes 1 to 2 Parfaits depending on size of parfait cup)
Greek Yogurt – 1 cup
Almond Meal – 2 Tbsp (grind whole almonds using a coffee grinder or other mixie)
Honey – to taste
Mango – 1, pureed (reserve few whole pieces to garnish)
Granola – 1 to 2 Tbsp
Caramelized Almonds – 1 to 2 Tbsp
1. Mix Yogurt with Almond Meal and Honey until well incorporated.
2. In a 6 oz Parfait cup or other clear narrow glass, layer 1/3 of the Yogurt mixture.
3. Top with 1/2 of the pureed Mango.
4. Add few slices of Caramelized Almonds.
5. Repeat with 1/3 of Yogurt mixture and rest of the pureed Mango.
6. Top with final 1/3 of Yogurt Mixture, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour if time permits.
7. Garnish with reserved Mango pieces, Granola and Caramelized Almonds.
Note: Try these other fruits: Strawberries or other berries, peaches, pineapple, apricots
Printable Recipe: http://showmethecurry.com/desserts/fruit-and-yogurt-parfait-recipe.html
Check out the ShowMeTheCurry Channel: https://www.youtube.com/showmethecurry