Learn how to make ‘Chirote’, a delectable sweet dish recipe by chef Kalpana Talpade.
This is a sweet dish made from flour and dusted with powdered sugar. It is prepared during festivals or any other significant occasions and is one of the favourite dishes amongst Maharashtrians.
1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
¼ tsp ghee .
a pinch of salt
a few drops of rose pink colour
¼ cup cornflour
1 tsp. ghee
flour for rolling
1 tsp. melted ghee
– In a cup of maida, add the ghee and salt nd mix thoroughly.
– Take out 1/3rd portion of it separately and add few drops of rose pink colour to it. Knead a dough out of it.
– Knead the leftover 2/3rd part of the flour plain.
– Take 3 portios of the kneaded dough (1 in pink and the rest in white colour)
– Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 10 – 15 minutes.
To make satha:
– In a bowl, add cornflour and ghee and mix the ingredients well so that they become soft and light.
– Make 3 parts of the satha.
To make chirote:
– Roll out the 3 kneaded dough.
– Brush the rotis with warm ghee and then spread the satha over it.
– While doing this, place the white roti at the bottom, then pink and then white.
– Then roll the same gently using hands.
– Then cut the same into small parts. Put them in the flour so that it become easy to roll.
– Then lightly roll all of them. Then fry the same on a medium flame.
– Drain out the excess ghee and lace them on a paper napkin.
– While they are still hot,sprinkle the powdered sugar over the chirote.
– The delicious, mildly sweet and crunchy chirote are ready to be served.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Here
Dont Forget to Share, Like and Comment
For More Food Trivia and Tips Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter